Can You Tattoo A Mole On Your Face?
Some of the most iconic celebs of all time are known for the moles on their faces, or in other words, their beauty spots. Beauty marks are supposed to enhance natural beauty and artificial ones have been popular for centuries and still are today. It’s a coveted marking, and if you want that distinctive beauty feature, what’s a girl to do? Can you tattoo a mole on your face?
It is possible to tattoo a mole on the face. In fact, the inking of freckles and moles on the face and body is a popular trend in the tattoo market at the moment. If you feel that you would like to enhance your natural beauty with a mole, a cosmetic tattoo person is the best person for the job.
Having a tattoo of any kind is a big decision. Our tastes change, we grow as individuals, and what is important to us when we’re young may seem frivolous when we’re older. But retaining our beauty and youth seems to be a universal desire among men and women and if we can do something to keep ourselves looking beautiful, why not?
It Is Possible To Tattoo A Mole On Your Face
Creating an artificial beauty mark on the face is not a new idea. Though natural beauty marks have signified various qualities including witchcraft and bad luck, people still equate them with beauty. Today’s technology and the artistic talent amongst tattoo artists make it possible for you to have a mole anywhere you want one to highlight your beauty.
Why You Should Tattoo A Mole On Your Face
Though many may think of these tattoos as “fake”, if they make you feel beautiful, you should go ahead with your new beauty mark. Who would ever know the difference between a natural mole and a tattoo anyway? Some great reasons for mole tattoos are:
- Beauty marks can magnify a person’s best facial features, and may even signify that you may have a wonderful personality.
- When you have no pre-existing moles on your face and decide to get a tattoo instead, you now have some artistic license to show off the features that you consider to be your best. You’re not limited by nature.
- Placing a beauty mark strategically draws the eye to the area you are highlighting, emphasizing your best features.
- These beauty marks can give an appearance of youthfulness.
People Eligible For A Mole Tattoo
Either gender is eligible for these tattoos, but the candidate must be over 18, or have the consent of a parent or guardian. They should also not have any allergies to substances used during the process.
How A Mole Is Tattooed On To Your Face
Cosmetic facial tattoos are different from permanent makeup. These are more artistic whereas permanent makeup is designed to look like traditional cosmetics such as eyeliner and lipliner.
The application processes are also different. A tattoo artist applying permanent makeup will place the pigments under the epidermis, the top layer of skin. Because this layer of skin sheds, the pigments will eventually fade and you will need to redo them every so often. A beauty mark is associated with semi-permanent makeup done in this way.
A normal artistic tattoo involves placing the tattoo pigments in the dermis, the deeper, second layer of skin, which doesn’t shed and therefore hardly fades.
Before your treatment, the artist will consult with you to determine the color, size, and where you want your beauty mark to be placed.
Step-by-step Tattoo Process
It’s always useful and comforting to know the exact procedure that will get that beauty (mark) onto your face. Here is how it works.
- First, the artist will cleanse the face, neck, and chest areas to ensure that the procedure is fully hygienic.
- Together you will choose the most suitable spot for the artificial mole, so that it is in a prominent spot, without confusing the person looking at you.
- The artist will thoroughly assess the condition of the skin to ensure that it is healthy enough to receive the pigment.
- Next, the tattooist will draw a rough draught of the mole or beauty spot – a practice run.
- You will be given some local anesthetic to minimize the pain.
- Pigments will be mixed to suit your skin color and the artist will embed them with a technological pen or a tattoo gun.
- The tattoo takes 10-15 minutes before it is properly visible and the full procedure only takes 30-40 minutes.
- The beauty mark of your dreams is now finally yours!
Pain Associated With Tattooing A Mole On Your Face
Because the pigments are only embedded in the top layer of skin, most clients don’t experience a lot of pain, but rather a slight discomfort or a tingling sensation. The discomfort also doesn’t last for very long.
Considerations Before Getting A Mole Tattooed On Your Face
Before you jump in headfirst and get that mole on your face, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Ensure that it will be a hygienic process with sterilized equipment and new needles.
- For best results, an expert tattoo artist or qualified dermatologist should do the job.
- Your skin should be fresh and clean, not healing from any blemishes or injuries.
- You should not tattoo on top of a mole.
Celebs With Moles On Their Faces
When we think of celebs with moles on their faces, the first person that comes to mind is Marilyn Monroe; an iconic model, singer, and actress. But there are many more that we could name off the top of our heads and they are all gorgeous:
- Natalie Portman
- Cindy Crawford
- Julia Roberts
- Angelina Jolie
- Blake Lively
- Gigi Hadid
- Katrina Kaif
- Sarah Jessica Parker
- Selena Gomez
- Eva Mendes
- Janet Jackson
And the list goes on. Even Robert De Niro is famous for the mole on his face.
Moles are associated with beauty and many girls (and some guys) born without them could be envious of those who have natural ones. But the opportunity exists for you to get that beauty mark tattooed in a hygienic and technologically perfect way. There isn’t much pain and if thorough planning has been done, there is little that should go wrong. Go ahead – be more beautiful!